The Best Dog Food for Weight Gain 2019
There are a lot of reasons your dog can lose weight. One of the reasons would be intestinal problems, health conditions, or recent illness. Now how what is the dog foor for weight gain?
Ideally, you should feel the dog’s ribs by stroking the chest area gently, but you must not see them. You should also manage to see the waistline distinctively, also referred to as a tuck.
This means that the dog has the right muscle and fat proportions – indicating that it is healthy.
It is essential to identify the leading cause of weight loss in your dog, before anything else. This is because there are so many weight loss causes. A professional veterinary doctor can help you with proper diagnosis and treatment.
What is the Best Dog Food for Weight Gain?
The following are some of the best dog food for weight gain:
- Organic Grain-Free – With calorie levels of 425 calories per cup, this meal is ideal for dogs that must add weight fast. It contains natural and essential vitamins tapped from fresh fruits and vegetables. It contains healthy fats and proteins that cover all the nutritional needs of your dog.
- Taste of wild – This is a dog meal that has easily digestible grain-free carbohydrates and beneficial supplements. It is a complete, well-balanced meal that won’t harm your dog.
- Bully Max High-Performance Super Premium Dog Food – Bully Max is a protein-rich dog meal. It is stuffed with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and omega-three fatty acids. This dog food will help your dog gain weight pretty fast. It is 100% natural food, with no corn, soy, or wheat. The meal also has a chewy nut-like flavor that is a favorite for dogs.
What Causes Weight Loss in Dogs?
Dogs are known to lose weight at some point in their lifetime but often based on their age or breed. In many cases, the way they are cared for and their health conditions can determine their weight loss or weight gain. However, in case you notice that your dog is losing weight drastically, there is likely that it could be having a critical disorder.
In many cases, weight loss in dogs can be caused by the following conditions:
- Diabetes: This is a common condition in many middle-aged dogs. This condition is often diagnosed in dogs if they experience an initial period of continuing weight loss.
- Gastrointestinal disorder: This disease affects the stomach as well as the intestines, leading to diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting. The dog may as well show signs of lethargy and dehydration, loss of appetite, and drastic weight loss.
- Chronic renal failure: This is a rare condition that is seen in about 2-5% of dogs associated with kidney failure. This means that the kidneys cannot conduct their excretory or metabolic functions. The dog may show signs of body weakness, lethargy and may also vomit and diarrhea.
- Megesophagus: This is a condition where your dog cannot digest its food fully and therefore, cannot absorb the nutrients found in the food as required. The esophagus of the dog swells and prevents the passage of food to the stomach. The dog loses weight, ends up emaciated and weak.
- Liver disease: Liver disease is also characterized by vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite, and general body weakness in the dog.
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI): This is a condition where the dog’s pancreas is not synthesizing sufficient digestive enzymes for digesting food. On this note, the dog’s digestive system fails to extract adequate amounts of nutrients from the food, leaving it with reduced weight, and energy. The dog attempts to compensate for the lack of energy by feeding ravenously.
Health conditions are not the leading cause of every drastic weight loss in dogs. This is why speaking with a veterinary doctor is advisable. It helps to identify the problem, including the most preferred treatment option for your dog.
High-Calorie Dog Food for Weight Gain
The following are some of the best high-calorie dog food for weight gain:
Nature’s Logic Canine #1
This dog food contains high-calorie levels of over 400 calories per cup, with high protein levels of 36%. This is an extremely healthy and nutritious dog meal with a low-fat percentage of only 15%.
This meal will guarantee instant healthy weight gain to your dog, thanks to its high protein and calorie levels. Nature’s Logic is a nutritious premium ingredient-rich dog food.
It is packed with plenty of nutrients and digestive enzymes to help your dog to gain weight fast.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck #2
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck is made from high-quality animal proteins like turkey meal. With a calorie level of 416 calories per cup, your dog will get all the energy necessary for weight gain.
The meal contains a total of 34% protein levels. It is also packed with balanced omega six and omega-three fatty acids, which will give your dog a shiny, healthy skin coat. The meal has small amounts of chelated minerals that are important in the absorption of nutrients.
Elite K9 Maximum Bully #3
This dog meal is made from mainly pork and chicken and is designed to deliver the necessary protein and fat per bite, as compared with other dog food types.
Your dog will gain weight in the shortest time possible while feeding on this meal. It also promotes healthy digestion in your dog.
It comes with high-calorie levels of 481 calories per cup. The high protein and low carb levels enable your dog to enjoy this meal and promises maximum weight gain.
Crave Grain Free Dog Food #4
This grain-free dog food will enable your dog to add healthy weight fast. The meal has a mixture of animal-based protein that will meet your dog’s overall weight growth needs.
It also has high-calorie levels to help your dog with enough energy for optimal growth. With a 34% high protein, Crave Grain Meal provides your dog with the much-needed protein levels for healthy growth.
Do Raw Eggs help Dogs Gain Weight?
Eggs contain high levels of protein. One raw egg in your dog’s bowl will go an extra mile in packing up some more weight in your dog. It may be advisable to give your dog raw eggs to help increase weight.
Nevertheless, a lot of caution should be applied to prevent introducing salmonella infection to your dog. The eggs must be fresh and clean to avoid any bacterial transfer to the dog.
Healthy food needs a healthy diet, with more calories and proteins. Whole food diet for dogs is the basis for good health and vitality in dogs. Above all, balancing nutrition with exercises will keep your dog healthy always.
Read Also : Best dog wheelchair